OVERLAND (KMOV.com) - News 4 has learned a strain of E-Coli bacteria allegedly contracted by a woman at a local restaurant is usually not deadly, in fact hospitals are not even required to report the strain to health departments.
23 year-old Ciera Brookfield died after contracting an e-coli infection. She told her family she felt sick after eating at Hon's Wok in Overland. Brookfield also suffered from Sickle Cell Disease, a condition that made the infection worse. Whether she contracted the e-coli at Hon's Wok is still unkown.
On Monday, the St. Louis County Health Department was at the restaurant to inspect, News 4 is still awaing the results.