Two injured after house catches fire from child playing with lig - KMOV.com

Two injured after house catches fire from child playing with lighter

Posted: Updated:
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer

(KMOV) -- One child and one adult were were injured Friday night in west St. Louis after a house caught fire from a child playing with a lighter on a mattress.

According to officials, a 5-year-old child was in the basement of a home in the 900 block of Maple Place when the flames got out of control and started a larger fire.

A 25-year-old man in the home then ran to the basement to rescue the child. Another child, age 7, was injured in the fire. She suffered burns to her face and side. 

There were as amny as four children in the basement at the time of the fire. They were all rescued safely.

The 25-year-old also suffered burn injuries.





 

Powered by Frankly