Authorities blame towels for restaurant fire in South City - KMOV.com

Authorities blame towels for restaurant fire in South City

(KMOV) -- Authorities say a restaurant in south St. Louis City caught fire after towels were left in a dryer overnight.

The fire broke out at Matthew's Kitchen located in the 5600 block of Hampton and Holly Hills just after 1:30 a.m. Friday morning.

Authorities say light smoke was seen coming from the back door of restaurant early Friday morning.
Crews knocked down the door of the restaurant and discovered towels in a dryer in the basement of the restaurant.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly and nobody was injured.

Restaurant representatives said the mess from the fire has been cleaned up and the restaurant will open for business at normal time Friday night.
 

 

 


 

 

Powered by Frankly