ARNOLD, Mo. (KMOV.com) -- A fire at an apartment building in Jefferson County forced residents to evacuate Friday night.
The fire started at the Woodglen Apartments in Arnold around 7 p.m.
Neighbors say the blaze started when a woman was cooking dinner on the stove, then left to do laundry next door. The woman's two children, a 16-year-old boy and 9-year-old girl, were reportedly inside the apartment when the stovetop caught fire.
A dozen units of the apartment building were evacuated while fire crews doused the flames.
The woman's apartment sustained extensive damage in the fire.