SNELLVILLE, GA (CBS46) - A 13-year-old girl is being hailed a hero after saving her brothers from a fire.
A fire broke out at a home in the 3100 block of Hall Garden Road in Snellville, Georgia around 7:30 a.m. Thursday.
Ania Polk heard the smoke alarm going off and after checking out the house, she saw the kitchen was on fire.
She immediately grabbed her younger brothers, ages 7 and 10, who were asleep upstairs. Ania managed to get them safely out of the home.
The Gwinnett County Fire Department responded and extinguished the flames.
The teen said she learned what to do during a fire from her teacher at Shiloh Middle School, Pamela Scott, just a few weeks earlier.
The family's possessions were damaged by the smoke and fire.
The children's parents were at work at the time of the fire. No one was injured.
Copyright 2014 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.