Space heater to blame in north St. Louis fire - KMOV.com

Space heater to blame in north St. Louis fire

(KMOV) -- Firefighters in north St. Louis say that a space heater is to blame for an early morning house fire.
 
It happened just before 6:00 a.m. at a home at Athlone and East Carter.
 
Crews were on the scene at of this four-family flat for several hours, trying to prevent the flames from spreading to nearby homes.
 
A family who lived on the south side of this flat were allowed back into their home. One man who lived on the north side of the unit was displaced No one inside the building was injured.
 
A firefighter did suffer a laceration to the hand and was transported to a local hospital.
 
The Red Cross has been called in to assist the displaced resident.

Powered by Frankly