• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 cup half and half
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ cup salt (The bigger the granules, the better. Kosher or rock salt works best, but table salt is fine.)
• Ice cubes ( enough to fill each gallon sized bag about half full)
• 1 pint-sized Ziploc bag
• 1 gallon-sized Ziploc bag
1. Combine the sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract in the pint-sized bag and seal it tightly.
2. Place the salt and ice in the gallon-sized bag, then place the sealed smaller bag inside as well. Seal the larger bag. Now shake and mash the bags until the mixture hardens (about 10-20 minutes). Feel the small bag to determine when it’s done.