(KMOV) – A man was shocked during a lightning storm in St. Louis city Monday afternoon.
According to the St. Louis Fire Department, the 54-year-old plumber was working inside Vin De Set restaurant at 2017 Choteau.
He was using a rotary tool on a wall in the basement and his hand was touching a metal water pipe.
He felt a burning and tingling sensation in his arm.
The man was alert and conscious when he was taken to St. Louis University Hospital.
For breaking news alerts, text KMOVNEWS to 21321
Have you seen the forecast for tomorrow?
Get the latest St. Louis weather forecast