PATTONVILLE, Mo. (KMOV.com) – Firefighters in Pattonville set up a special demonstration to show how dangerous turkey fryers can be.
Firefighters say people get seriously burned every year, and even catch their homes on fire, by putting too much oil in the turkey fryer. When there is too much oil put in the fryer, the extra spills over the sides and ignites with the open flame below.
Firefighters say to make sure the fryer is far away from the house or deck and that the turkey is completely thawed before placing it inside the oil.