Washington, Mo. fast food restaurant shuts down due to health code violations - KMOV.com

Washington, Mo. fast food restaurant shuts down due to health code violations

(KMOV.com) – A Sonic restaurant has closed in Washington, Mo. because inspectors found it had multiple code violations, including a fire suppression system that did not work.

Authorities said the fire suppression system had not been inspected in five years.

“We revoked their occupancy to do the health department issues,” said Don Peters, a building inspection official.

The violations were recorded by a Franklin County inspector because the city of Washington does not have the staff to make annual inspections of business to make sure their sprinkler systems are working properly.

“You could probably call it the honor system,” Peters said.

The city said it will step up in the future to make sure businesses are abiding by the honor system and getting their fire suppression systems inspected. The city also said it will be sending out a letter to businesses that may get visited by inspectors soon.

The Sonic restaurant was closed for three says but later re-opened.

Powered by Frankly