SAINT LOUIS COUNTY, MO – (December 28, 2009) The Saint Louis County Department of Health will be offering H1N1 vaccine to county residents free of charge on Wednesday, December 30 and every Wednesday through January, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Greensfelder Recreation Complex in Queeny Park.
The Queeny Park facility is located at 550 Weidman Road in Ballwin. No appointment is necessary to attend; however, the vaccine cannot be given to children under the age of 6 months.
In addition to the Wednesday event at Queeny Park, the health department will continue to offer H1N1 vaccine on a daily basis at two of its three health centers.
The vaccine is available free of charge at the North Central Community Health Center, 4000 Jennings Station Road in Pine Lawn, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily, except Thursday, December 31 when the H1N1 clinic is open from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
The vaccine is also available at the South County Health Center, 4580 South Lindbergh Boulevard in Sunset Hills, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily, except Thursday, December 31, when the H1N1 clinic is open from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Both health centers will be closed on Friday, January 1st.
Despite the availability of the vaccine, the health department emphasizes that residents should not lower their guard. The traditional methods of prevention remain important:
· Cover your mouth whenever you sneeze or cough.
· Wash your hands regularly, especially after sneezing, coughing, or blowing your nose.
· Keep a distance of three feet between you and other people.
· Stay home if you are sick (or keep your children home if they are sick).
· Go home if you become sick (or pick your children up from school early if they become sick).
For more information, please visit the Health Department’s flu website at: