(KMOV) -- A Metro-East Boy Scout troop had quite a scare after a large chemical spill at Holiday World theme park in Santa Claus, Ind.
42 people were treated at a hospital in nearby Jasper. Witnesses described a chaotic scene at the park as people could not breathe and were vomiting.
Only two of the 42 had to stay at the hospital overnight.
However, News 4's Erica Byfield visited St. Louis Children's Hospital today and found that two local families say they are still having trouble breathing and have an itchy feeling in their throat.
They say problems started after they exited a lazy river. They estimate that about 20 of the 60 people in their group got sick after they were exposed to liquid bleach and muriatic acid.
Holiday World says an interlock system designed to feed certain chemicals into the water failed.
Children's Hospital is not releasing the conditions of the children. Doctors are waiting to hear back from poisoin control before they offer more treatment.