Cigarette starts Central West End fire - KMOV.com

Cigarette starts Central West End fire

Posted: Updated:
EXIF_JPEG_T422 By KMOV Web Producer EXIF_JPEG_T422 By KMOV Web Producer
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer

(KMOV) -- A fire on the roof of a high rise in the Central West End was caused by a discarded cigarette.

Authorities said the fire broke out at about 3:30 p.m. at the Congress Apartments near the corner of Union and Pershing. Investigators said the fire started on a wooden deck because of a carelessly tossed cigarette.

No one was hurt, but the deck was severely damaged.

...

Have you seen the forecast for tomorrow?
Get the latest St. Louis weather forecast

 

...

Check out stuff you will never see on TV on our Facebook Fan Page

 

Powered by Frankly