Missouri family survives overnight gas leak while boating - KMOV.com

Missouri family survives overnight gas leak while boating

(KMOV) -- A mother and her two children are recovering from a holiday accident that nearly left all three dead.

Police said he Belle, Mo., family was spending the night on the boat on the Mississippi river near St. Charles and the Woodland Marina. They woke up overcome by carbon monoxide. Police think the gas came from the generator running the boat's air conditioner.

The father woke up to find his children and wife unresponsive and quickly got them to fresh air and put on oxygen. The oxygen was only there because one of the family members needs it for medical reasons.

Authorities said the 38-year-old woman, one-year-old son and four-year-old girl were alert and responsive when they were transported to St. John's Mercy. The family was anchored to an island in the river that night.

Carbon monoxide detectors are not required by law on boats.

 

...

Have you seen the forecast for tomorrow?
Get the latest St. Louis weather forecast

 

...

Check out stuff you will never see on TV on our Facebook Fan Page

 

Powered by Frankly