24-Year-old charged after allegedly shooting St. Louis officer m - KMOV.com

24-Year-old charged after allegedly shooting St. Louis officer multiple times

Posted: Updated:
Officer Joseph Haman By Afton Spriggs Officer Joseph Haman By Afton Spriggs
By Afton Spriggs By Afton Spriggs
By Lakisha Jackson By Lakisha Jackson
By Afton Spriggs By Afton Spriggs
By Afton Spriggs By Afton Spriggs

News 4's Larry Conners has more details on Officer Haman on his Facebook page.

(KMOV) -- Police tell News 4 they have caught the suspect who allegedly shot a St. Louis Police officer multiple times.

Arvon Brown was caught near the intersection of Delmar and Debaliviere Thursday night at about 7 p.m. The Circuit Attorney's Office issued warrants against the 24-year-old for first-degree assault on a law enforcement officer and armed criminal action. Brown is being held without bond.

Brown was tasered by police after repeatedly resisting arrest. He was handcuffed and taken into custody. Later, Brown was taken to the hospital in a stretcher by request because was complaining of neck pain.

Only News 4 was there when Brown arrived at police headquarters after being released from the hospital.

Meanwhile, authorities said 26-year-old Officer Joseph Haman  is out of surgery and listed in critical condition after being shot Thursday morning.

The shooting happened around 8:25 a.m. in the 3700 block of Grand near Natural Bridge at a Mobile gas station.

Authorities tell News 4 that Officer Haman stopped a vehicle at Natural Bridge and Grand. It is unclear why Officer Haman stopped the vehicle.

There were four people in the vehicle. Officer Haman was speaking with the driver outside of the vehicle when a person in the backseat began exchanging words with him. According to police, that person then fired several shots at the officer. Officer Haman returned fire, but did not hit anyone.

Officer Haman was hit six to eight times. He was alert and conscious when he was rushed to St. Louis University Hospital. St. Louis Police Chief Dan Isom said his bullet proof vest saved his life.

Police have all four people who were in the vehicle in custody.

Officer Haman has been on the St. Louis police force since October of 2008. He had previously served in Iraq as a United States Marine.

St. Louis Police Chief Dan Isom says authorities have surveillance video from the squad car's dashboard camera and the gas station also had surveillance video.

Powered by Frankly