Here’s how bad things got for the Rams in Thursday night’s 35-11 beating by the San Franciso 49ers. The Rams ran out the clock by taking a knee from the “victory formation” in an obvious form of surrender. Here’s some of the ugly numbers that emerged from the Rams thrashing at the hands of the 49ers.
· The Rams rushed for only 18 yards on the night; the 49ers gained 219 rushing yards.
· 49ers running back Frank Gore did not have a 100 yard rushing game this season; however, Gore gained 153 and a TD against the Rams.
· The Rams longest run from scrimmage was just seven yards (Benny Cunningham)
· In the thirdquarter, the Rams ran 13 plays for just seven yards.
· Sam Bradford was sacked five times by the 49ers; Bradford has been sacked 11 times in the Rams last two games.
· The Rams running game has only 189 yards on the season for an average of just 2.5 yards per carry.
· The Rams have now been outscored 66-18 in their last two games.
“We had some opporutnies, but we just couldn’t capaitalize on them”, said Head Coach Jeff Fisher. “ Our inability to run the football and then get behind compounds it. We’ve got a lot of work to do. I’m very disappointed for our fans. I had faith in this football team that we were going to get it fixed.”
How would you grade Coach Fisher? Share your thoughts.
Bradford was 19 for 41 for 202 yards and a interception. “We just failed to do a lot of things that are necessary in order to be efficient on offense”, said Bradford. “ I think the good news is we have 10 days, 11 days until we play again and there’s going to be ample time to get that corrected. I think the frustrating thing is the past two weeks our performance, I feel like we should be playing at a much higher level than we have.”