Blues say they're much more prepared for Kings this year

Blues say they're much more prepared for Kings this year

Credit: Getty Images

LOS ANGELES, CA - MAY 04: Jonathan Quick #32 of the Los Angeles Kings talks to David Perron #57 of the St. Louis Blues during the third period of a 1-0 Kings win in Game Three of the Western Conference Quarterfinals during the 2013 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Staples Center on May 4, 2013 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)

Print
Email
|

by Brian Feldman / News 4 Sports

KMOV.com

Posted on May 6, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Updated Tuesday, May 7 at 8:44 AM

LOS ANGELES - In case you couldn't tell by the fact the Blues got off to a 2-0 series lead (currently 2-1) over the Kings, things are just a little bit different for them this year compared to last year.  
 
In the 2012 playoffs, the Blues were swept by the Kings in the second round.  This year, the series has been much more even.
 
"I think we've got more guys engaged.  Last year we had a bunch of guys banged up and we really just got pushed out because of the physical play," TJ Oshie said.  "This year everyone's engaged.  Everyone's ready to go.  When they're getting their pushes and they're getting hits on us we're coming right back and hitting them back."
 
"Definitely different this year," Andy McDonald said.  "I think last year we weren't prepared for them.  They took it to us early.  They jumped on us and won a lot of those battles.  They took it to us physically and obviously beat us four in a row.  This year there's no real surprise for us.  We knew what type of team they were going to be and how hard they were going to play so we were prepared."
 
Multiple players have said this is the most physical series they've played in a long time.  In fact, GM Doug Armstrong called the Blues and Kings "mirror images" of each other.  So it should be no surprise that's the case.
 

Print
Email
|