Many Ferguson business remain open despite looting, but for how long?

Print
Email
|

by Ray Preston / News 4 and Dan Greenwald / KMOV.com

KMOV.com

Posted on August 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Updated Monday, Aug 18 at 5:24 PM

FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOV.com) – Many owners of businesses in Ferguson told News 4 Monday they are unsure how long they are going to stay open while the looting continues.

The owner of the Ferguson Burger Bar and More says he bought the restaurant last week and would like to see an end to the looting and violence.

“Stop the stupidity of hurting people, shooting people, people are getting killed because of other people’s stupidity,” Charles Davis said. “If you do not live in the community. Please care about the community, come and be peaceful if you want to help.”

Davis' restaurant has yet to be looted.

The owner of Sam’s Meat Market stood by the entrance of the store with a gun to defend it in the midst of looting that occurred late Friday night and early Saturday morning.

“After a while, when I thought of the reality, I should have never came,” Abe said. “I’m not a police officer, I’m not military, that’s when I hit reality, it was like, wow, I really risked by life.”

The owner of a business on Chambers Road says he is doing his best to get customers to his store.

“It’s hurting me that people are reacting so negative and tearing things up,” said Monzell Jones, the owner of Cash 4 Gold. “It’s not going to bring anybody back or solve anything.”

Print
Email
|