West St. Louis County home catches fire twice in less than 24 hours

Print
Email
|

by KMOV.com staff

KMOV.com

Posted on March 10, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Updated Monday, Mar 10 at 7:14 PM

West St. Louis County home catches fire twice in less than 24 hours

View larger map

(KMOV) -- Firefighters are investigating after a fire broke out twice at a Des Peres home in less than 24 hours.

According to officials, the fires occurred at a home in the 12000 block of Whitehorse Lane.

Crews say a fire first broke out after two pieces of metal sparked while the homeowner was changing a dryer vent Sunday morning. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to one room.

Crews were called back to the home to battle a second blaze around 2:30 a.m. Monday morning. Five other fire departments were called in to assist after the flames could not be contained.

The fire reached two alarms before officials were able to put it out.

No one was home at the time of the second blaze. Firefighters say the home is likely a total loss.

 

Print
Email
|