Firefighter suffers chemical burn while containing flames at St. Charles business

Print
Email
|

by KMOV.com Staff

KMOV.com

Posted on August 12, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Updated Monday, Aug 12 at 10:32 PM

 (KMOV) –Firefighter suffered chemical burn while working to contain a fire at St. Charles business Monday afternoon.

Police say a call came out around 10:30 a.m. for some sort of explosion at the Dip N' Strip Furniture Refinishing on North 2nd Street. There was a flash and a fire sparked but an explosion was unconfirmed.

Authorities say two employees were working at the time of the incident but were not injured.

Officials say a firefighter responding to the scene was taken to an area hospital after suffering a chemical burn. The firefighter was released a short time later.

The fire was put out before it damaged neighboring businesses.

All firefighters working the fire took extra precaution and cleaned any possible chemical residue off their clothing.

Stay with News 4 and KMOV.com for updates. 

 

 

Print
Email
|