Every year a wealthy businessman from Missouri travels to the neediest cities to dole out $100 bills to random strangers he finds in thrift stores, soup kitchens and Laundromats. CBS News correspondent Steve Hartman followed him this year in Staten Island, one of the hardest hit areas by superstorm Sandy. One by one, this anonymous "Secret Santa" lifted holiday spirits and brought tears of happiness.Janice Kennedy, for one, didn't even want to celebrate Christmas after her home was destroyed in the storm. The mysterious Secret Santa found her in a thrift shop and gave her $300. "It just changed everything," she told Hartman. "I thought, 'We'll get the tree,' and I got happy. For some reason, I had a smile on my face all night."
- Photos: Mug shots of the week 9/13 to 9/19
- Sophia Loren turns 80!
- Photos: Celebrating fall foliage around the U.S.
- Photos: Munich Oktoberfest 2014
- Eye-popping street art ... and how it broke free of the banks
- Lanes of Natural Bridge reopen after large water main break