Every year a wealthy businessman from Missouri travels to the neediest cities to dole out $100 bills to random strangers he finds in thrift stores, soup kitchens and Laundromats. CBS News correspondent Steve Hartman followed him this year in Staten Island, one of the hardest hit areas by superstorm Sandy. One by one, this anonymous "Secret Santa" lifted holiday spirits and brought tears of happiness.Janice Kennedy, for one, didn't even want to celebrate Christmas after her home was destroyed in the storm. The mysterious Secret Santa found her in a thrift shop and gave her $300. "It just changed everything," she told Hartman. "I thought, 'We'll get the tree,' and I got happy. For some reason, I had a smile on my face all night."
- 2 airlifted after 3 semi-trucks, SUV involved in rollover accident in Wright City
- #LiveStL: Bastille, Capital Cities headline 2nd "Big Summer Show"
- Photos: SpaceX Launches Cargo Capsule On Resupply Mission
- Photos: Oktoberfest 2014
- Photos: iHeartRadio Music Festival Performances
- Photos: Nickelodeon's 11th Annual Worldwide Day of Play