GALVESTON, Texas -- A pizza outing in Galveston ended with a little girl losing her finger, her parents say.
Now her family is suing the restaurant, reported the Houston Chronicle.
An Austin couple said it was September 2012 when they were eating at Strand Pizzeria when their daughter started playing around with a display motorcycle inside the business. According to the family’s attorney, the girl’s finger was severed after she got it stuck inside.
The incident happened as her parents were paying their bill at the front of the restaurant.
The parents said the display should have had a warning sign on it. They’re now suing for medical expenses, and damages.
The Chronicle reported Tuesday that attempts to reach the owners of the pizzeria, Twilight Hospitalities, were unsuccessful.