Dad of Massachusetts boy found dead plans funeral

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on April 20, 2014 at 9:07 AM

BOSTON (AP) — The father of a missing boy whose body was found off a Massachusetts highway says he was crushed to hear that his 5-year-old son's remains had been identified but is planning his funeral.

Jose Oliver tells the Boston Herald (http://bit.ly/1kP6wV0 ) he was "lost, angry and crushed" when the medical examiner called to confirm the body found Friday was his son's.

Jeremiah Oliver was last seen in September but wasn't reported missing until December.

Before his body was found, Jeremiah's case led to criminal charges against his mother and her boyfriend and calls for changes within the state's child welfare agency. Three workers were fired.

No new charges have been announced related to Jeremiah's death.

Jose Oliver lives in New Britain, Conn., and says he plans to return Sunday to Massachusetts.

___

Information from: Boston Herald, http://www.bostonherald.com

Print
Email
|