Firefighters: Malfunctioning space heater causes Christmas Day fire

Print
Email
|

by Dan Greenwald / KMOV.com

KMOV.com

Posted on December 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

(KMOV.com) – Firefighters said nobody was injured in a late morning fire in north St. Louis.

Firefighters said the fire occurred around 11:00 a.m. at a home in the 4700 block of Farlin. Authorities said the blaze broke out when a space heater malfunctioned. According to firefighters, the occupants did not know the fire had broken out until much of the upper part of the home was engulfed because the house did have any smoke detectors.

Firefighters said both men inside got out safely; the roof and attic sustained extensive damage.

Print
Email
|