Electric stove catches fire, forces family of 3 from Pagedale home

Electric stove catches fire, forces family of 3 from Pagedale home

Electric stove catches fire, forces family of 3 from Pagedale home

Print
Email
|

by KMOV.com Staff

KMOV.com

Posted on December 12, 2012 at 5:38 AM

Updated Wednesday, Dec 12 at 8:32 AM

1500 Engelholm Ave St Louis, MO 63133

View larger map

PAGEDALE, Mo. (KMOV) –An electric stove was determined to be the cause of a fire that gutted a Pagedale home and left a family of three on the street early Wednesday morning.

Fire crews were called to a 1st alarm fire located on the 1500 block of Engelholm. Fire officials say the home was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived just before 4 a.m.

Fire officials say a man was cooking on an electric stove when he stepped away for a moment. When he returned, the kitchen was engulfed in flames. 

A neighbor called 9-1-1, as the man woke a woman, and a 7-month-old baby, who were both sleeping inside the home. The boy suffered minor smoke inhalation, receiving treatment at the scene. 

The blaze gutted the home, leaving extensive damage.

No further investigations will be conducted.

 

 

 

Print
Email
|