Both girls released from hospital after inhaling exhaust fumes

Print
Email
|

KMOV.com

Posted on March 30, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Updated Wednesday, Mar 30 at 11:52 AM

Weather forecast for Belleville, Illinois

(KMOV) -- Two girls hospitalized after inhaling exhaust fumes inside a Metro-East home has been released.

Jaysha Dunn, 10, and Alicia Moore, 17, passed out after the fumes spread through a home in the 200 block of Country Meadow in Belleville, Illinois.

Authorities say a car was running in the garage and sent fumes throughout the house.

Moore, 17, passed out in the car with the door closed. Dunn, 10, passed out on a couch inside the home.

A neighbor got them out of the house after a 14-year-old found them inside.

Authorities believe Moore was trying to charge a cell phone in the car.

Both girls have now been released from Cardinal Glennon.

 

Print
Email
|