(KMOV) – A St. Louis City elementary school was forced to evacuate Monday afternoon after a threat of carbon monoxide leak.
Students at Mallinkrodt Elementary School were ushered out of the building at approximately 2:30 p.m. after a broken water pipe lead led to the threat of a gas leak.
St. Louis Public School District officials say a generator was brought in to clean up after a broken water pipe flooded the school’s basement.
Officials say after they started using the generator, they became concerned for the possibility of the smell of gas in the area.
The evacuation was done as a precautionary measure. Students were sent home via school buses. No report of injury at this time.
Further details were not immediately known.