Space heater likely cause of fire that killed mother, 2 children in Union

Print
Email
|

by KMOV.com staff

KMOV.com

Posted on March 25, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Updated Monday, Mar 25 at 8:41 PM

UNION, Mo. -- A space heater is believed to be the cause of a fire that killed a 24-year-old  woman and her two young children in Union.

 

The fire Friday night killed Samantha Cooksey of Union and her children, 6-year-old Allison Cooksey and 1-year-old Logan Berger. Cooksey’s boyfriend, who was the father of Logan, lived in the home but was at work at the time of the fire.

Union Police Chief Normal Brune told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the fire apparently began in the mobile home’s living room, where a space heater was located.

The home was engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived. The bodies were found after the fire was out.

Funeral arrangements are pending.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

 

Print
Email
|