(KMOV) – The Affton Fire Department responded to calls of a fire Saturday night after a man lit a bottle rocket which destroyed his garage.
The owner of the home in the 4600 block of Siebert Ave. says he was lighting fireworks and decided to light a bottle rocket. After the bottle rocket launched, it landed in his garage which starting a fire.
The four car detached garage had various tools inside including lawnmowers and landscaping equipment. Everything inside the garage was destroyed along with the building.
The fire did not spread to the house and no injuries were reported.