Man accused of snatching another smartphone from MetroLink passenger

Man accused of snatching another smartphone from MetroLink passenger

Man accused of snatching another smartphone from MetroLink passenger

Print
Email
|

by KMOV.com staff

KMOV.com

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Updated Friday, Oct 11 at 2:42 PM

(KMOV) – A 21-year-old man already charged with stealing phones from Metrolink passengers last week is accused of doing it at a Fairview Heights Metrolink station in mid-June.

Roderick Roberson was charged Monday with robbery and theft. His bond was set at $50,000.

According to police, Roberson on June 13 went to the Metrolink station and asked a man to use his phone.

The victim gave Roberson the phone and followed him closely. Police said that’s when Roberson punched the victim and ran from the scene.

Authorities said the victim tried to chase Roberson but couldn’t catch up to him. He was later charged after police determined he was connected to a similar incident at the Washington Park Metrolink Station on Oct. 3.

He and the other suspect in that crime, 23-year-old Delas Carter, remain in custody at the St. Clair County Jail.

 

Download the KMOV mobile app for  iPhone | iPad | Droid

Print
Email
|