‘Knockout game’ victim confronted again by attackers

Print
Email
|

KMOV.com

Posted on January 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Updated Tuesday, Jan 17 at 1:01 AM

ST. LOUIS (KMOV) – A south St. Louis man, who was a victim of the “knockout game,” was confronted by two of the seven accused attackers that left him bloody and unconscious in October.

 
Matt Quain, 52, was leaving an area grocery store when he was confronted by the accused attackers only three days after charges were dismissed because a key witness did not show up for court.  Quain recognized the accused attackers as they followed him down a nearby hill.
 
“I looked up and I was flinching because he had his fists up in the air,” Quain said.  
 
Quain then pulled out a can of pepper spray and the accused attackers fled the scene.
 
This latest incident has disgusted Mayor Francis Slay, who found Quain bloody and nearly dead in October. 
 
“It’s outrageous that these thugs can feel like they can move around the neighborhoods and just be tough and intimidate people,” Mayor Slay said.  “The police know who they are…they know where they go to school.  The juvenile authorities are watching them.  They are certainly putting on the heat and they are going to know they are being watched.”
 
Mayor Slay also warned the “thugs” that the city will not allow the accused attackers to control what is happening in their neighborhoods despite their court trial being dismissed last week.

Print
Email
|