(KMOV.com) – Firefighters said two people are injured after an apartment fire in St. Peters.
Firefighters said the fire broke out at an apartment building in 800 block of Redtree Lane just after 4:30 p.m. Firefighters said they encountered heavy smoke but were able to get the blaze under control after several minutes.
Authorities said one person was injured critically, but did not have information on the condition of the second injured person. Both were taken to a local hospital.
Authorities later determined that the fire was an accident caused by a candle.