Employee's quick reaction saves Alton restaurant

Employee's quick reaction saves Alton restaurant

Credit: KMOV

(KMOV.com) – Tony’s Prohibition Lounge in Alton was saved after an employee spotted flames Monday morning.

Print
Email
|

by Stephanie Baumer / KMOV.com Staff

KMOV.com

Posted on December 16, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Updated Monday, Dec 16 at 6:15 AM

(KMOV.com) – An Alton restaurant is expected to resume normal business after an employee’s quick reaction to a fire that started early Monday morning.

Officials say the fire started in the front, behind a neon sign, of Tony’s Prohibition Lounge on 3rd St. around 2:30 a.m.

A worker noticed the smoke and notified the fire department quickly which ultimately saved the restaurant.

The fire extended into the awning of the restaurant, burning a small section of wood. Some smoke extended into the second story of the business, but it did not appear to damage to the restaurant.

The owner of the restaurant was notified and the restaurant should be able to reopen for normal business. 

Print
Email
|