Disabled woman dies in Mount Vernon house fire

Disabled woman dies in Mount Vernon house fire

Disabled woman dies in Mount Vernon house fire

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on February 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Investigators say an overloaded electrical extension cord sparked a southern Illinois house fire that killed a 63-year-old disabled woman who was trapped inside.

Mount Vernon Fire Chief Jim Brown says Donna Romano’s body was found Tuesday morning in the living room of her single-story, wood-framed home.

No one else was in the home at the time of the fire, which was reported by neighbors.

Assistant Fire Chief Kevin Sargent says Romano needed assistance to handle her daily activities.

Print
Email
|