BRIDGETON, Mo. (KMOV.com) – Some residents were being evacuated due to a gas leak in Bridgeton Tuesday morning.
Fire officials responded to the 12000 block of Beaverton Drive just after 10 a.m. in reference to the leak.
A representative with the North Central Fire Department said some residents were being evacuated.
Police Chief Hood said only two homes were evacuated, but a total of 20 people were taken from the area while crews worked. Hood added that those evacuated were in the area either walking or working.
An official with Laclede Gas said a contractor working on the street hit a gas line and fractured it. One home lost service, but is expected to be restored by early afternoon.
No inuries were reported.