2 file suit over deadly St. Louis tent collapse

2 file suit over deadly St. Louis tent collapse

Credit: UPI

Workers look at a damaged oversized tent on April 29, 2012, where nearly 100 people were injured and one died, after strong winds toppled the structure at a bar after the St. Louis Cardinals baseball game in St. Louis on April 28, 2012. At least 17 were hospitalized and up to 100 people were treated at the scene after officials said straight-line winds whipped through a large tent outside Kilroy�s Sports Bar, near Busch Stadium. UPI/Bill Greenblatt

Print
Email
|

AP

Posted on May 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Updated Thursday, Oct 31 at 10:01 AM

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Two people injured when a party tent collapsed outside a downtown St. Louis bar last month have filed suit against the bar and the company that leased and installed the tent.
   
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 45-year-old Janet Martinez and 25-year-old Kurt Volk, both of St. Louis, filed separate suits claiming significant injuries from the April 28 accident outside Kilroy's Sports Bar near Busch Stadium.
   
About 100 people were injured and one killed when a sudden storm with strong winds blew over the party tent as fans from nearby Busch Stadium celebrated a Cardinals victory.
   
Kilroy's owner Art Randall says he is not surprised by the suits and says his family is still struggling after the accident. A spokesman for Sun Rental declined comment.
   ------
   Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com
 

In other news:

Deputies: Mother killed her 4 kids, then herself
Vaughn: Rams have no hope of getting public support for new dome
Police: Driver ticketed in I-55 school bus crash

Check out our News 4 Investigates page

 

Print
Email
|