ST. PETERS, Mo. (KMOV) – Authorities battled a two-alarm fire that swept through a convenience store in St. Peters on Monday.
Officials said an employee went to a storage room of the Circle K near the intersection of Spencer and Mexico around 2 p.m. and saw smoke coming from an electrical panel.
Employees and customers immediately left the building.
By the time firefighters arrived, the building was engulfed in flames.
Fire officials said several propane tanks were in front of the gas station when they got to the scene. They cut the lock off the tank storage area and pulled the tanks out of the way so they could enter the building.
While authorities did not know the cause of the blaze, officials said it appeared to be an electrical issue.
Authorities said gas pumps have automatic shut-off mechanisms in place in case of emergencies, so they were never a danger.
No injuries were reported.