Fire scorches through Wildwood home

Print
Email
|

by Alexander Schuster/ News 4 | @AlxSchustr

KMOV.com

Posted on December 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Updated Tuesday, Dec 24 at 11:46 PM

House Fire

View larger map

(KMOV.com) – Firefighters responded to a two-alarm house fire in Wildwood late Christmas Eve morning. Officials believe that the fire sparked in the garage.

Click here to see aerial photos as firefighters worked to calm the flames.

Fire officials confirm that the homeowners were not in the house when the fire began, but a housekeeper was present. Reports say that the homeowners cleaned out their fireplace early Tuesday morning, placing the ashes in the garage. It is believed that the fire started in the garage, possibly due to the fireplace ashes.

Firefighters from the Metro West and Monarch Fire Districts were on scene working to put out the flames as they scorched through the home in the 2700 block of Wynncrest Manor Drive.

The housekeeper was able to make it out of the residence without injury.

The homeowners have not been identified.

Print
Email
|