MOSCOW MILLS, Mo. -- Three cats are OK after being saved from a burning eastern Missouri mobile home by rescue crews Thursday night.
Authorities said the fire broke out at a home in the 190 block of Moscow Mills around 6:30 p.m.
The Lincoln County Fire Protection District says that firefighters encountered heavy smoke. A frantic homeowner was outside the burning structure but told firefighters that five cats were inside.
Two cats came to a window and were pulled to safety. Once the fire was out, two other cats were found dead inside. The fifth cat was disoriented with smoke inhalation.
Paramedics gave the cat oxygen. The owner planned to take it to an animal hospital.
Firefighters say the blaze was caused by unattended cooking.