Doctors warn parents of possible allergic reactions during Halloween

Doctors warn parents of possible allergic reactions during Halloween

Credit: Getty Images

Doctors warn parents of possible allergic reactions during Halloween

Print
Email
|

by KMOV.com Staff

KMOV.com

Posted on October 31, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Updated Thursday, Nov 1 at 7:42 AM

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – Halloween tradition dictates kids will be running around their neighborhoods, grabbing candy and spooking their friends on October 31, but as a parent it can turn into a horror if you are not careful with your kids.

Each year, doctors say trick-or-treaters end up in the emergency room because of serious allergic reactions.

If your child is allergic to nickel, parents should look for skin irritation and redness from materials on costumes or face paint.

Fog machines at the haunted house can cause sneezing, itchy eyes and nose.  Doctors recommend parents be prepared for a possible reaction and have an inhaler and anti-histamine nearby.

Print
Email
|