Candle left burning causes apartment fire in St. Charles

Print
Email
|

by Stephanie Baumer / KMOV.com staff

KMOV.com

Posted on May 18, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Updated Monday, May 19 at 8:50 AM

(KMOV.com) – Officials said a candle left burning in an apartment building is to blame for a fire Sunday morning in St. Charles.

An apartment building in the 10 block of Bee Jay St. caught fire around 9:00 a.m. Officials said a mother and son who lived in the apartment were outside playing and left a candle burning on the night stand in the bedroom. When they returned, the bedroom was on fire.

Officials said two adults and a child lived in the apartment.  They also said the apartment is a “total loss”.

Red Cross is assisting those displaced. 

Print
Email
|