Sheriff: Teen dies after swallowing baggie of meth

Sheriff: Teen dies after swallowing baggie of meth

Sheriff: Teen dies after swallowing baggie of meth

Print
Email
|

by KHOU.com staff & KBTX

KMOV.com

Posted on July 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM

BRENHAM, Texas – A 19-year-old Kingwood teen has died after swallowing a baggie of meth, according to Washington County deputies.

Madeleine Gene Richardson was a passenger in a car stopped for speeding on US 290 Friday afternoon, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Department.

During that stop, deputies found drug paraphernalia and marijuana in the car.

They arrested Richardson and the driver, Gary Keife, also of Kingwood. The two were placed in separate cars and taken to the Washington County Jail.

When deputies arrived, they said Richardson was shaking and looked sick so they called for EEMS.

Richardson told EMTs that she swallowed a bag of methamphetamine, according to investigators.

She was taken to Scott & White in Brenham, then to the College Station Medical Center.

Richardson died Saturday morning. An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of death.

The Texas Rangers are investigating the incident.

Print
Email
|