(KMOV) -- Coke is taking some of its popular soft drinks off St. Louis area shelves.
According to a Coke spokesperson, cans and 2 liters of Coke Classic, Diet Coke and Cherry Coke are being pulled from St. Louis area stores after customers complained of a metallic taste in those products. The recall only affects products delivered to the St. Louis area.
The Coke spokesperson describes the taste as an "off taste" and most people probably would not notice difference.
Coke said this is not a food safety recall. It is a product withdrawal due to quality issues, so there are no health concerns.
Here is a list of recalled products and their identification code:
- Cherry Coke 12pk cans -- UPC 4900003103 -- Optimum Taste Code OCT3111SLD
- Coke Classic 24pk cans -- UPC 4900001278 -- Optimum Taste Code OCT3111SLD
- Coke Classic 20pk cans -- UPC 4900001463 -- Optimum Taste Code OCT3111SLA
- Coke Classic 6pk 12oz. cans -- UPC 4900000634 -- Optimum Taste Code OCT3111SLF & OCT3111SLA
- Coke Classic 12pk cans -- UPC 4900002890 -- Optimum Taste Code OCT3111SLF & OCT3111SLA
- Coke Classic 8pk 12oz. bottles -- UPC 4900000548 -- Optimum Taste Code APR1111SLF
- Diet Coke 12pk cans -- UPC 4900002891 -- Optimum Taste Code MAY0211SLF
- Diet Coke 2 liter bottles -- UPC 4900005010 -- Optimum Taste Code MAY0211SLF
If you have any questions about this recall, you are urged to call the Coke Consumer Hotline at 1(800) 438-2653.