Beer Baked French Fries with Garlic
Serves 4 as a side dish
2 12-ounce bottles of brown ale (we'll be using 4 Hands Cast Iron Oatmeal Brown)
3 medium-size russet potatoes
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub and dry the potatoes, then cut into fries, leaving the skins on. Each potato will yield about 20-24 fries.
2. Combine the fries and beer in a large bowl. Let soak for 15-20 minutes, stirring twice.
3. Drain off the beer. Toss the fries with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the fries in a single layer on the pans so none are overlapping or stacked.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, tossing twice during cooking and rotating pans in oven to ensure even heat distribution.
6. Transfer fries to a large, paper towel-lined bowl. Garnish with sea salt, parmesan or fresh herbs, if desired.
Recipe adapted from edibleperspective.com