Classic Cinnalicious French Toast Nuggets
Entire recipe (8 nuggets): 147 calories, 4.5g fat, 360mg sodium, 19.5g carbs, 5g fiber, 3g sugars, 10g protein
1⁄2 teaspoon sugar-free French vanilla powdered creamer
1⁄4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
1 dash cinnamon
1 light hot dog bun
2 teaspoons light whipped butter or light buttery spread
Optional topping: sugar-free pancake syrup
In a wide bowl, mix powdered creamer with 1⁄2 tablespoon hot water and stir to dissolve.
Add egg substitute and cinnamon. Stir well.
Split bun in half. Cut each half widthwise into 4 pieces, leaving you with 8 “nuggets.”
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add butter and let it coat the bottom. Meanwhile, coat nuggets on all sides with egg mixture.
Cook nuggets, flipping occasionally, until golden brown on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes. Enjoy!
MAKES 1 SERVING
Hungry Cowgirl Onion Rings
1⁄2 of recipe (about 15 rings): 148 calories, 3g fat, 441mg sodium, 34g carbs, 8.5g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 5g protein
1 large onion
1⁄2 cup Fiber One Original bran cereal
1 ounce (about 15) reduced-fat BBQ-flavored potato chips
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon ranch dressing/dip seasoning mix
1⁄2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
1 tablespoon BBQ sauce with 45 calories or less per 2-tablespoon serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Slice off onion’s ends and remove outer layer. Cut into 1⁄2-inch-wide slices, and separate into rings.
- In a blender or food processor, grind cereal and chips into crumbs. Transfer to a wide bowl and mix in minced onion and ranch mix.
- In another wide bowl, whisk egg substitute with BBQ sauce. One at a time, dunk rings in the egg mixture, shake to remove excess, and coat with crumbs. Evenly lay rings on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip rings. Continue to bake until outside is crispy and inside is soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Chew, you!
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
Diet Soda Cake
1⁄12th of cake: 171 calories, 3.5g fat, 301mg sodium, 34g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 19g sugars, 1.5g protein
1 box moist-style cake mix (15.25 to 18.25 ounces)
One 12-ounce can diet soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk cake mix with soda until smooth. Pour into the baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
MAKES 12 SERVINGS
Red Hot Apple Pie in a Cup
Entire recipe: 140 calories, 0.5g fat, 44mg sodium, 47g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 24.5g sugars, 0.5g protein
1 medium Fuji apple, cored and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
12 to 15 pieces Red Hots Cinnamon Flavored Candy
2 low-fat cinnamon graham crackers (1⁄2 sheet), crushed
2 tablespoons Fat Free Reddi-wip
- Place apple cubes in a microwave-safe cup or mug. Top with Red Hots—the more you use, the hotter the results! Cover and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Stir well. Re-cover and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, until apple cubes are soft.
- Mix well. Let cool.
- Top with crushed graham crackers, Reddi-wip, and cinnamon. Voila!
MAKES 1 SERVING