Blanchett, Baldwin respond to Dylan Farrow’s open letter

Blanchett, Baldwin respond to Dylan Farrow’s open letter

Credit: Getty Images for SBIFF

SANTA BARBARA, CA - FEBRUARY 01: Actress Cate Blanchett attends the presentation of the Outstanding Director Award at the Arlington Theatre at the 29th Santa Barbara International Film Festival on February 01, 2014 in Santa Barbara, California. (Photo by Mark Davis/Getty Images for SBIFF)

Print
Email
|

by CBS News

KMOV.com

Posted on February 4, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Updated Tuesday, Feb 4 at 3:08 AM

(CBS News) -- “Blue Jasmine” stars Cate Blanchett and Alec Baldwin have responded after Woody Allen’s adopted daughter penned an open letter accusing the filmmaker of sexually assaulting her when she was 7 years old.

In the letter, published Saturday by The New York Times, Dylan Farrow, now 28, mentions several actors who worked with Allen by name and asks, “What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett? Louis CK? Alec Baldwin? What if it had been you, Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?”

Woody Allen: Farrow claims ‘untrue,’ ‘disgraceful’

Blanchett—who is nominated for a best actress Oscar for her role in “Blue Jasmine”—was asked about the letter during an appearance at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival.

“It’s obviously been a long and painful situation for the family and I hope they find some sort of resolution and peace,” she told journalist Jeffrey Wells of Hollywood-Elsewhere.com on Saturday.

Baldwin’s response came via Twitter, in messages that have since been deleted from his account. According to E! News, he wrote, “What the [expletive] is wrong w u that u think we all need to b commenting on this family’s personal struggle?”

Dylan Farrow resurrects Allen molestation claim

“So you know who’s guilty? Who’s lying? You, personally, know that?” he continued, adding: “You are mistaken if you think there is a place for me, or any outsider, in this family’s issue.”

A statement from Allen’s publicist says the filmmaker “has read the article and found it untrue and disgraceful.”

Print
Email
|