(KMOV) -- A lightning strike set fire to a St. Charles home.
Firefighters told News 4 the storms that lingered across the area for most of the day ignited the fire. The early evening fire started at a home on Stonebridge Place. That's not far from I-70 and Zumbehl.
"It looks like it blew part of the roof out," Assistant Chief Brian Ochs, Central County Fire and rescue, says. "It made a small entry hole, and then it probably smolder pretty much all day long until it finally got enough air to start building, and that's when the neighbor saw it."
Firefighters cut the power to the family's home for safety, but they have been allowed back inside.