Missouri BroadcastersScholarship Program
The members of the Missouri Broadcasters Association (MBA) are committed to encouraging the highest standards of broadcasting. The MBA Scholarship Fund was established as a part of this excellence. Deserving students may receive financial aid to assist them in attaining the training and expertise required to become valuable employees in Missouri's broadcasting industry.
1. Must be a Missouri resident.
2. Must be currently attending a Missouri College, university or accredited tech/trade school or be a graduating high school senior who has been admitted to a Missouri institution of higher learning.
3. Must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a broadcast or related curriculum, which provides training and expertise applicable to a broadcast operation.
4. Must be a full-time student for every semester the scholarships awarded. Full-time status requires enrollment in at least 12 credit hours.
5. Must have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent, which must be maintained for each semester of the scholarship.
1. A completed application signed by the school's department head or guidance counselor certifying that you meet the eligibility requirements.
2. Three letters of recommendation.
3. Ten copies of the application and attachments.
Applicants must submit their completed application form and all attachments to a single participating MBA member station if their home area. The deadline to submit an application to KMOV is March 25th. Only one application will be accepted per student per year.
Each participating radio or television station will select the top applicant from those received and submit their candidate to the MBA Scholarship Committee for consideration. The committee will review the qualifications of candidates from throughout the state in order to narrow the field of scholarship candidates.
The selection committee will use the following information during its evaluation process:
1. The applicant's curriculum and career goals.
2. Clarity of thought and expression.
3. Letters of recommendation.
4. Community involvement and extracurricular activities.
5. Financial need.
All applicants who will be considered for the final selection by the Scholarship Committee will be asked to travel, at their own expense, to Jefferson City for in-person interviews.
Deadline to submit application to KMOV is March 25th.
The completed application should be sent to:
MBA Scholarship Committee
One Memorial Drive
St. Louis, MO 63102
Recipients will receive notification of their award no later than June 30th.
Multiple awards may be assigned each year and the amount of the scholarship will vary. This is a renewable scholarship, provided qualification standards are maintained. Recipients wishing to renew their scholarship must reapply each academic year through their area member station.
Payment of the scholarship will be in two equal installments, one each for the fall and spring semester, payable to the Office of the registrar of the school which the recipient will be attending.
The Missouri Broadcasters Association informs members about training opportunities, trends and policies while providing a voice for broadcasters in both state and federal political arenas. The MBA encourages high industry standards and practices, recognizing that credibility is important and ethical conduct is necessary to the trust of clients and the public. Our members support equal opportunity in education and employment.